Donate

BRH could not operate without community support! Whether you donate your time, expertise, money, or products, your donation is appreciated. As of our latest data, our administrative costs are 14%, meaning that the other 86% goes toward directly serving survivors. Your money, should you choose to give, is going directly to people in need. 

 

Monetary Donations

Monetary donations can be dropped off at the BRH office and checks can be mailed to:

Bolton Refuge House, Inc

PO Box 482

Eau Claire, WI 54702

You can make a secure online donation at any time through PayPal!

Safety Planning Supplies

Not all survivors choose to or are able to leave their homes. In order to do everything we can to keep those individuals and families safe, we provide safety planning and suggest products that can add to their security, as well as items that can record/document instances of abuse or stalking. However, due to financial abuse or other financial barriers, many survivors cannot afford these items. 

Help us keep survivors safe by donating items (or similar ones) from this list below. We are not affiliated with any of these brands and get no monetary incentive from their purchase. If you shop using Amazon Smile with us as your preferred charity (click here to learn more), your purchase goes even farther in helping us serve our community!

Door Jams & Locks

Items in this section can be used to secure rooms or homes from entry. The first three items can be deployed quickly in case of emergency to separate the abuser from the victim(s). 

Cameras & Sensors

Items in this section are to alert the victim of intruder or other threats, as well as document instances of abuse or stalking. 

Miscellaneous

 
 

Current Needs

  • Sidewalk Salt

  • Postage stamps (Forever stamps)

  • Copier paper

  • Painter's tape

  • Ziplock bags

  • AAA batteries

  • Combination locker locks

  • Can openers

  • Scotch tape (rolls for refillable dispensers)

  • Key tags, labels, and rings (both for organizing many keys and for carrying many keys)

  • Gift cards (allow us to meet unexpected needs as they come up, such as accommodating dietary restrictions, replacing items if they break, etc.)

  • Misfit Toys (click here for more information)

Because of the wide range of people served at BRH and their individual needs, please call before dropping off donations - 715.834.0628.

Please note that due to lack of storage space, BRH is only able to accept specific new clothing items (bras, sports bras, socks, underwear, sweatpants, t-shirts, sweatshirts, and pajamas of all sizes from newborn to adult) Please consider contacting King's Closet in Eau Claire to donate your gently used clothing items. 

 

Other ways to give

smile_ge_logo_light._CB441554320_.png

Shop using Amazon Smile instead of Amazon.com to generate donations for us at no extra cost! Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to set up Bolton Refuge House as you chosen charity.

Toys

Giving Tuesday - Misfit Toys

NoVember 29th

Giving Tuesday is an international movement to inspire giving, whether big or small. This year, we are asking for donations of new toys for our Misfit Toys Drive, where we give away toys to families in need. Help us make the holidays special by donating:

  • New toys for kids of all ages, especially K-12 aged!

  • Gifts for parents, such as:

    • adult coloring books

    • crocheting/knitting supplies

    • board games

    • haircut gift cards

    • self care items

Please donate items unwrapped. All donations are tax deductible. We cannot accept toy weapons.

Questions? Give us a call or send us an email at volunteer@boltonrefuge.org